Monday 19 April 2010

Some Good Times and Some Very Bad Times!


As promised David Haye produced a fantastic result against John Ruiz, who by all accounts gave it his all! What else is new, the guy is a true warrior but may now have to think about his future in the Ring. I like Ruiz but he can't go on doing what he does with big, hard hitting guys in the heavyweight division - they will eventually turn him (and I hate the term by the way) punch drunk! And no one wants to see that! Haye was on typically good form and I have to say the atmosphere in the MEN Arena was electric! I've very rarely been in a crowd... Let alone 20,000 people that let the jeering fly in such a one sided way, but they boo'd poor Mr Ruiz something awful! I was guilty of a couple myself and will admit I enjoyed the experience immensely!

Groves proved why he is the domestic flavour of the month at the moment with his one sided victory over Charles Adamek for the commonwealth title. And I also watched the Harrison - Sprott fight and thought that it truly was one sided with Sprott doing all the damage. It was unfortunate for him that Audley caught him late, but should Sprott have gone all guns blazing when he was notably winning? I gather the corner and Sprott were slightly worried that Harrison had clipped a couple more rounds than he actually did and thought a last ditch attempt for a KO was necessary.

I love it how Martinez pulled his rump off the canvas to take Pavlik the distance and rip the decision from him. No ill will towards Pavlik but I reckon with a fair few others that Martinez is awesome and he is undeniably a force to be reckoned with. Possibly a re-match with Williams will be on the cards... Here's hoping! Lucian Bute also pulled off another cracker with his win over the weekend and I can't wait to see it!

Something to look forward to is the Froch - Kessler fight which I believe is this weekend and what a fight it will be with the ever challenging Dane looking to do the business coming off his loss to Andre Ward! Froch should be looking to give a bigger and better performance to eradicate memories of his last time out with the frustrating Dirrell. Although I thought surprisingly that Dirrell looked really good against Abraham and that disqualification was a bad way to finish that fight. Froch - Kessler will be a true war and I do hope the Volcanic ash doesn't prove to be a problem for the fans travelling to Denmark.

Some sad news to finish with, as most will know (if you've been avidly reading my blog) the piece I did on my previous post was on Edwin Valero who was alleged, tragically to have murdered his wife last month and was found hanged in his cell this morning. A very sad day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment